Volunteers and Supporters
The volunteers of Frankford Public Library mission is to raise public awareness in the community and to support the services and programs of the Frankford Public Library. Our purpose is to be of service to our Library and the community it serves, and to work with other community groups, library staff, and Board of Trustees.
Our goals include:
- Fund raising : For continuing library needs (new equipment, materials, programs).
- Services : Volunteer efforts in support of library activities.
- Public Relations : Speaking to others in our community about the library and its services and activities.
- Advocacy : Serving as a citizen lobby, advocating in support of the library’s efforts to local, county, state and federal governing bodies.
- Develop & Share : Help develop programs of community interest and share the fun of being involved with the library through volunteerism.
Some examples of volunteer activities are:
- Adult Literacy tutors
- Homework Lab
- Fundraising events
- Makerspace projects
- Summer Reading support activities
To become a volunteer, please stop by the library and request an application.
Volunteering is the gift that gives twice: to those you can help AND yourself. Please join us.
The library participates with other Sussex libraries as part of the Delaware Community Foundation. If you are considering providing a philanthropic gift, your contributions to the Foundation can assist us with extra operating funds, and at the same time, increase the Foundation’s ability to award grants to worthwhile projects to Delaware libraries!
Library Supporters and Partners:
Carl M. Freeman Foundation/ FACES
Sussex Hispanic Coalition
Sussex County Dept. of Libraries
Delaware Division of Libraries
Sen. Gerald Hocker
Sen. George Bunting (ret.)
Food Bank of Delaware/ USDA
Frankford Fire Company
Town of Frankford